Same Day ACH Payments Set to Start at US Financial Institutions in Fall 2016

April 14, 2016

Starting on September 23, 2016, Same Day ACH Payments are set to start at US financial institutions which will have a huge impact on how payments are processed in America. President and CEO of National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) Janet O. Estep notes “Financial institutions see the value in providing new, faster payment options to their customers with certainty and surety, and Same Day ACH allows them to do that in 2016.”

The reach of Same Day ACH will be vast as 86% of America’s largest financial institutions will be offering these services to all of their clients, and the remaining 14% will offer it to selected clients. This exemplifies a promising movie in the right direction for business-to-business payments and payroll in the US.


Same Day ACH Infographic

Infographic on Same Day ACH Readiness (Graphic: Business Wire)

newsletter signup
Straight To Your Inbox

Stay up-to-date on top accounting and finance trends

Sign up for our newsletter and receive our latest resources, news and insights.

Learn More About Beanworks

Discover how AP automation can free your accounting team from manual data entry, delays, and paper-based processes.

View Our Product